Recovery After Violence Support (RAVS) provides 1:1 case management support for victims who have experienced family and domestic violence and have current child related matters before the Family Court.
RAVS can support victims with any issues they are experiencing, either directly or by assisting the client with appropriate referrals.
This service can:
- Support attendance at court hearings
- Facilitate attendance at legal appointments
- Advocate with Government departments such as Child Protection, Housing and Police
- Provide education on court processes
- Refer to other programs as needed.
We work with families to identify risk, increase safety, set, monitor and review goals, and ultimately equip family and domestic violence victims/survivors to advocate on their own behalf to improve their outcomes in the Family Court.
The service works with victims/survivors of family and domestic violence to:
- Feel confident in managing personal and family safety
- Use strategies for reducing risk of harm to themselves and others
- Identify supports and resources to access when needed
- Increase knowledge and skills in how the Family Law system works
- Increase confidence in navigating Family Court processes
- Achieve their desired outcomes in the Family Court.