Centrecare provides counselling, support and group programs for women who are experiencing the effects of abuse. Services are also available for partners and children.
If you decide to make an appointment, you will speak with a counsellor who will give you the opportunity to talk about the abuse and identify the impact on you and your family. This is in a safe environment where you can express your feelings, such as sadness, anger, shame and depression.
You may wish to continue with one-on-one counselling or to join one of Centrecare’s group programs. These programs have allocated weekly topics that aim to help you:
- Understand what constitutes abuse
- The forms it takes and the cycle of abuse
- Understand the effects of abuse on you and your children
- Plan how to keep yourself and your children safe
- Realise that you are not responsible for your partner’s behaviour, and
- Learn about resources available to you in the community.
Perth: (08) 9325 6644
Esperance: (08) 9083 2600
Joondalup: (08) 9300 7300
Kalgoorlie: (08) 9080 0333
Midland: (08) 9436 0600
Mirrabooka: (08) 9440 0400