This service provides information, referrals, legal advice, non-legal support, and casework.
Court representation is limited by Centre resources, priorities under funding agreements and our lawyers’ capacity.
This service can assist you in the areas of:
- Assistance with understanding the legal process involved in divorce and separation
- Assistance with arrangements for children following separation
- Advice about finances following a separation
- Advice about mediation or family dispute resolution
- Advice about options you may have to resolve matters going to court
If you already have a matter that is before the Family Court of WA, please be advised that we generally do not represent clients in the Family Court. Instead our aim is to assist and support people who are self-represented.
- Assistance if you believe you may need a Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO)
- Assistance with the process of a FVRO application
- Advice about an initial FVRO application and affidavit and assessment of the likelihood of being granted a FVRO
- Advice about options to settle the matter through negotiations with the respondent (person bound) such as Conduct Agreement Orders
- Advice about how to maintain you and your children’s safety from family and domestic violence
If you are worried about any Child Protection issues please phone the service directly to understand how they can help.
Criminal Injuries Compensation
If you are or have been the victim of a crime, and suffered physical or emotional harm, you may be eligible for an application for criminal injuries. This service can provide you with advice on, and assistance with, the compilation and completion of applications for compensation.
Other Legal Matters
Please contact the service directly to find out what other legal matters they can assist with.