This service provides crisis accommodation and support services for women and children.
For example safe, short term accommodation for 6-8 weeks.
This service includes:
- Safety planning
- Risk assessment
- Housing information
- Family and domestic violence education
- Financial and trauma counselling
- Legal advice and assistance
- Supporting expanding social networks
- And court support and transport.
Children’s advocates and women’s advocates are employed at both refuges, and counselling is available to women and their children.
Generally since we are short term crisis accommodation the average stay is 8 weeks. During this time we work with women to try and secure housing.
We are not staffed 24 hours so do not accept 24 hour referrals.