This service provides refuge accommodation for women with or without children. Women with girls and boys in their care aged 17 years and younger are accepted. Clients can stay for approximately 3 months and receive support from staff.
Nardine Wimmin’s Refuge have a small team dedicated to the care and wellbeing of children and young people, and work with them to reduce the harmful effects of family and domestic violence and support their wellbeing. If you are experiencing family and domestic violence, Nardine can offer you and your children safe and supported short term accommodation.
Nardine is a communal refuge however clients have their own bedroom and share other facilities.
Case management is provided on an individual basis to parent/carer, children and young people to assist families to secure a brighter and safer future through advocacy and support.
Some of the support and advocacy to other services we can offer you:
- Multicultural services
- Feel safe and supported and grow in confidence and empowerment.
- Find short/long term accommodation via community housing, rental properties or Department of Housing.
- Referral to counselling for women, children, and young people.
- Children and young people’s activities and support
- Referral to and advocacy support for court and legal appointments
- Referral to financial counselling
- Pet foster care
- Navigating financial support via Centrelink
- Food and clothing.
- In house programs for children and young people to address the effects of FDV
RSPCA- Nardine has partnered with the RSPCA WA to care for the pets of families in refuge.
Pets in Crisis is RSPCA WA’s domestic violence pet refuge scheme which guarantees victims of domestic violence that their pets will be cared for while they are in refuge or other temporary accommodation. Pets are cared for in foster facilities until the family can arrange permanant, safe accommodation.