Marninwarntikura Family Support and Legal Unit (MFSLU) delivers culturally appropriate legal representation and non-legal holistic support services primarily in the area of safety, wellbeing and strengthening family capacity.
The MFSLU works with women and communities to find solutions to effectively address the impact & challenges experienced by women & children in relation to domestic & family violence.
MFSLU can provide:
- Free confidential legal advice, support and representation in court for victims of family violence and/or sexual assault in legal matters
- Restraining orders, Family law, Child Protection and Criminal Injuries Compensation
- Assistance lodging applications for Criminal Injuries Compensation, Restraining Orders, Family law, Child Protection and Criminal Injuries Compensation
- Restraining orders and Parenting orders
- Outreach services to communities
- Referrals to other services for trauma, grief and relationship counselling
- Legal education workshops