The Child Witness Service is available at any court in Western Australia including the Magistrates Court, Children’s Court, District Court or Supreme Court.
The Child Witness Service is a voluntary and free service available to children under 18 years of age who are to give evidence to a court.
Trained staff can assist with:
- Preparing a child for giving evidence in court and providing in court support
- Accessing services such as counselling, police, legal, medical and other relevant services
- Working with the WA Police and the Director of Public Prosecutions and as a matter progresses through the court system
- Help to write a victim impact statement
- Help with enquiries about your rights in the criminal justice system, including criminal injuries compensation claims.
Freecall: 1800 818 988.