This service is a non-profit organisation which provides legal services to low-income members of the community. The centre is a nationally accredited community legal centre, managed by the City of Fremantle that has been operating for over 30 years.
The Family Violence lawyer provides a holistic service for victims of family violence in the Fremantle area.
The service provides legal and non-legal services and support, to assist women and children experiencing domestic violence, and to support women to access other services, including crisis accommodation, counselling and other support.
Other support includes:
- Legal advice (limited areas)
- Document drafting
- Limited court representation, including a Duty Lawyer service at Fremantle Magistrates Court for applicants in Family Violence Restraining Order and Violence Restraining Order matters.
- Information and referrals
- Non-legal support
- Community legal education.
Areas of practice
- Family Law, including parenting, financial/property and divorce
- Restraining orders (NOT Misconduct Restraining Orders, respondents for Family Violence Restraining Order’s or Violence Restraining Order’s nor instances of neighbour disputes)
- Criminal Injuries compensation
- Minor Civil and Criminal matters (in very limited circumstances).